Yay--it's 6-dollar beer night!

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't be roped into a bar with a "6-dollar beer night" pitch. There are two conditions however today, that make that very pitch a very appealing offer:
  1. I'm in Washington DC. 
  2. The beers on sale are Chimay Red, White, and Blue.

The bar with this lovely offer today is Marx Cafe in the historic Mount Pleasant neightborhood in the NE district. In the time short that I've called MP home I've been to Marx Cafe a couple of times. Tonight is my first time making the trek in on a Tuesday but I have a feeling it won't be my last. 


If you've spent any time in Washington DC you know that it is not a cheap place to go out. And if you've spent much time on the BDT you know I'm a big advocate of Belgian Beers. Put the two together and you get one happy camper (add free WiFi, a spacious bar, and a friendly bar-keep and I'm a happy camper). 

I'll leave you with a joke that I overheard my bartender tell one of the patrons: 
A baby seal walks into a bar and grabs a seat at the bar. The bartender approaches him and says "what can I get ya?" The baby seal says, "anything as long as it's not a Canadian Club."  
Prost!
-D.Lux

3 comments:

  1. Cool blog, keep up the good work! If you are interested, you can check out some helpful information about beer and weight loss at: www.beerandbody.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb website you have here but I was curious about if you knew of any user discussion forums that cover the same topics talked about here? I’d really love to be a part of group where I can get feedback from other experienced individuals that share the same beer interests. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. We promote the BEER LOVER’s GUIDE to RAPID WEIGHT LOSS over at www.beerand body.com. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A truly excellent great beer really care what you drink,Wonderful and helpful.

    ReplyDelete