Receipts

I got back from the beer store, set down a couple heavy bags, sat down, and let out a sigh as I reviewed my receipt.

When I read the recently published "50 Best American Beers" as ranked by the American Homebrewers Association I saw a lot of very familiar beers, but I also saw many that I had never had (or hadn't had in a very long time) and even a few that (I felt ashamed to admit) I'd never even heard of.

I pride myself on my beer knowledge--a knowledge I work tirelessly to keep fresh--and I will not stand for being 'out of the loop' about Americas best beers. It was at that moment that I decided I would, as quickly as responsibly possible, try/re-try each and every beer on the list!!

A full stocked fridge!
As I sit her now reviewing my longer-than-desired receipt I started to question my decision. Did I buy this beer out for some noble desire to maintain my beer-savvy standards, or did I decide to drink each of the 50-best American beers as an excuse to drink more good beer...

I was stumped.

In an effort to stimulate my contemplation, I cracked a bomber of Stone Arrogant Bastard. Half way into this monster of a beer it occurred to me. Yes, I definitely decided to visit/revisit all of the beers on this list as an excuse to drink a whole lot more good beer, but then, I think that's why I started the Brew Dork Times in the first place!

And you know what, I'm okay with that. 

Enjoy the good ones--Prost!

-DLux

4 comments:

  1. You should be ok with it- and all those beers are so good that it would be a shame to not taste them. And (the best reason to buy and drink beer):

    "Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'"
    -Deep Thought, Jack Handy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it's nice to know I have such a great "support group" when I question my beer-loving habits!

    Love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just made me want to drink 50 beers right now.

    ReplyDelete