WORKERS

proletariat (noun) 
the voice of the proletariat : the workers, working-class people, wage earners, the working classes, the common people, the lower classes, the masses, the rank and file, the third estate, the plebeians; derogatory the hoi polloi, the plebs, the proles, the great unwashed, the mob, the rabble. ANTONYMS aristocracy.
Today I met Dave, the head brewer at Lompoc Brewing company (since 2010.) Dave was in Seattle promoting Lompoc's brews and stopped by Wine World + Spirits to drop off some samples.


The beer I had the opportunity to try was Proletariat, Northwest Red Ale! I'd never tried any of Lompoc's beers but Dave seemed like a most capable brewer, and was clearly passionate about his beers.


When I first tasted Proletariat the malty-ness struck me immediately. It was much richer and creamier than I had expected. The color was darker and richer than most reds I've had, and the lacing on the head was thick and clung to the rim of the glass.


All around I was very pleased with this beer. It's was darker and maltier than I have come to expect with red ales (and, than I prefer in a red ale) but it was good none the less. It was complex and balanced and if a beer checks both of those boxes, it's ahead of most beers.

Well done Dave, I give it a 2/3rds full pint glass!

Prost!
-D.Lux

No comments:

Post a Comment