A diamond in the rough...

Photo credit, me Oktoberfest in Munich 2009... ah memories!
Today, as luck would have it I stumbled upon a diamond in the rough (well, technically two diamonds in the rough).

Every once and a while I'll stop in the local Goodwill to poke around. When I do, I always make sure to check the glassware section to see if anyone dropped off any unique beer glasses.

Well, today must have been my lucky day because I found not one but two authentic German Oktoberfest Beer Steins!!


The price? 4.99 a piece! (they would have been a steal at four times that amount). When I saw them I instantly felt a warm feeling swelling up in me. I was transported back to my European vacation in the fall of 2009. I remembered all of the amazing beers I tried, and of course, of my first (but not last) time experiencing the wonder and joy that is Oktoberfest!

An excellent addition to my glassware collection!
Hofbrauhaus, Munich September 2009
Is it possible that this very stein that I drank from three years ago in Munich, is the very same stein that I purchased in Seattle this week? I'd like to think so.

And one last picture...


Al, "the Don" demonstrating proper technique (while representing his alma mater) on our glorious trip to Oktoberfest!

Prost!
-D.Lux



No comments:

Post a Comment