Hundo!

I drink a lot of different beers. Most are pretty good. Some are just alright. A few are downright bad, and an even smaller number of them are...
REALLY DAMN GOOD!

Old Lompoc's C-Note is just that; a really damn good beer! It's an Imperial Pale Ale from Portland, Oregon sporting 100 IBUs  (get it? C-note! (the letter "C" also pays tribute to the first letter of the 7-hops that went into the bad-boy))

Seven must be the lucky number (and C must be the lucky letter?)
The two most important characteristics I look for when I evaluate the quality of any beer are balance and complexity.* While claiming 100 IBUs is impressive and intriguing, if the malt, sweetness, body, and character isn't balanced, it's just a big old hoppy mess. Fortunately, this beer has such great balance it could walk a tight-rope between the Petronas Towers on a windy day!


If this label looks familiar you might remember my recent post of Proletariat. When I had that beer I knew the brewer was onto something, and now I have no doubt that I will thoroughly enjoy the last few Lompic beers sitting in my fridge waiting to be tried!

A well deserved 3/3rds full pint glass!

Prost!
D. Lux


No comments:

Post a Comment