From the makers of some beers I really love...


Comes a beer that really disappointed me...
All signs pointed to this beer being a winner. Sleek label, sexy 16-oz aluminum can packaging. It's brewed by Oskar Blues which makes (I had thought anyway) exclusively good beers (including one of my favorite dark beers...)

That said, all the hype marketing in the world becomes irrelevant when you pull back the tab and put the beer to the taste-bud-test!

It tasted like an overly sweet, hoppy red ale. Actually, it kind of reminded me of this. Deviant Dale's is certainly better than that beer, but the fact that it reminds me that beer at all is a bad sign.

I give it a 1/3rd full pint glass. Worth a shot if you see it, but keep you expectations in check!

Prost!
-D. Lux

PS. To end this post on a positive note, check out the very cool video about the Oskar Blues canning facility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment